Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Work space Wednesday



I have loved nosing at other bloggers photos of their workspace and crafting stashs so thought I would post mine as it is tonight which is much tidier than it used to be since I got the Clip it Up storage that you can see on the right of my desk for my birthday. I like to surround myself with things I've made and gifts from friends.

The clip it up storage holds everything and has loads of space to spare. To store acrylic stamps I laminated a (slightly undercut on the longest sides) A4 card and then stuck stamped images on one side of all the acrylic stamps that are clinging on the other side. Trim a bit of the laminate off the longest sides so it will slide easily into an A4 plastic wallet and then clip it up. I could hold a whole shop full of stamps this way on the Clip it Up thingymegig!

Last year I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw photos of peoples craft rooms and all their stash. It was more like looking at a craft shop! I couldn't understand how you could have that much stuff unused. What a little innocent I was!!
Now I know exactly what is going on....... ;-)

Happy stash building everyone!
Gini
xx

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Your craft area looks great - I like all the little pieces of art you have on display. Your Clip it Up storage system looks so organised - I have most of my stamps in little three drawer units. Thanks for the nosey around .... but one question.... where's Spanky?

Electra said...

What a wonderful space you have! makes me want to sit right down there and make something. Thanks for the idea to laminate cardstock. I have acrylic stamps everywhere and souldn't figure out what I could mount them on for storage. Now I know. and we have a laminator at work! Yippeee!

Gez Butterworth said...

Ooh Gini your workspace looks fab. :) Love your Clip it Up thingymegig. Looks very handy. :)

Karen said...

mmm.....far too tidy my lovely LMAO!!!! Brilliant to see your work area Gini BUT where's Spanky? You haven't clipped him up have you??? HUGS XXX

Linda Vincent said...

What a great workspace you have - I love the spinny thing. And I recognise a few items above the PC...... :-)