Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Saturday 23 June 2012

There She Goes Stamps TSG161 challenge. Winged Things

I have one set of There She Goes stamps and it's called Aim for the clouds, it's the same stamp set as I used in my last post but this card looks quite different.
I made that beginners mistake (WTF?) of die cutting, stamping and colouring without having a plan for the finished card. I was just too excited maybe?
So I ended up wasting a lot of card before I came up with this layout.
But I like this card and the wings are on the little silhouette birds that came with the set making it qualify for the TSG161 Challenge.
There She Goes has some wonderful stamp sets, and they are on my shopping list.



I used my Whispers Brush pens to add the rainbow colours to the balloons which I stamped and masked to create the overlaping balloons.
I used Spellbinders Label's 10 and one of the Spellbinders edgeability dies, I think it's called upper crest or perhaps bracket?
The lovely coloured card is Bo Bunny's Double Dot basics range that comes in some fabulously bright colours.
Happy Creating!
Gini
xx

4 comments:

Electra said...

I'm happy you're excited-that's a good thing, even if you do regress. And these balloons are delightful-a bit like kites, don't you think?

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

You have created some fab. cards with these balloon stamps Gini - I wouldn't have known how, or where, to use them. Your creative imagination is wonderful!
Hugs, Sylvia xx
PS - I particularly like the card with the machine-stitched balloons.

Amy* said...

Gini you are a girl after my own heart! I so love how your cards especially the rainbow ones (I'm a sucker for rainbows). Who can choose just one color anyway? I love how you have masked the balloons to layer them and the addition of the rainbow striping is gorgeous. All of the little details like the birds and clouds around the card are so well thought out. This card is sure to put a smile on anyone's face...even Oscar the grouch would be hard pressed to not put on a happy face :)

downrightcrafty said...

oh love the depth created on this one and the little images on the die cut frame too, super use of the balloon outside with the clouds too
Hugs Kate x