Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 18 December 2011

Opus Gluei Challenge #120. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.

The lovely Electra over at Opus Gluei has set the challenge this time and it's whatever "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" inspires you to create.

Well I thought I would experiment.
Now as you well know, those are really dangerous words for any crafter, because it could all end up in the bin and me in a huff.
So last night at bed time I was in a huff and this project would have ended up in the bin had I had enough time to make something else but, alas, time is not on my side right now so here is my not quite white or quite right Christmas Scene.
Ooops, I was hoping to rescue it with my shiny Cosmic Shimmer watercolours and truly they did help but they cannot perform miracles.

Look through your fingers or out the corner of your eye at this and don't click on it, nobody wants to see it bigger.



If you join in I'm sure you'll make something nicer :-)
Happy Creating!
Gini
xx

6 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

ummmmm...well this is BEAUTIFUL Gini!
Love your coloring and it is very Christmassieeeee.... hugs, jane

Electra said...

Hah! I clicked on it and it is too so lovely! Especially the shiny shiny tree.
So there.

Sherry said...

You're far too hard on yourself Gini - I couldn't wait to click on it to make it bigger - it really is delightful, I love it!

Deena said...

don't you know when you tell a person not to do something, it only makes them want to do it more? had to click, only because you said no...the card is super cool...love the scene and the way it is recessed into the embossed layer...I think it is fabulous!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a perfect take on the White Christmas theme Gini, and yes - I just HAD to click on the pic. because you told us not to - how could I resist?!!! The traditional Christmas scene is beautiful, and I love the embossed snowflake borders. I agree with Sherry - you are FAR too hard on yourself.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Rosemary said...

Yep, I have to agree with my fellow posters here - this is not the mess you think it is, my dear Gini. It's quite darling, I love the shimmery snow on the rooftops especially. It would make me smile to see it in my mailbox!