Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 7 October 2012

Opus Gluei Challenge #141. Colour challenge Turquoise and Red.

It's my challenge this fortnight and it's one of my favourite colour schemes Turquoise and Red with black, white and Kraft as neutral colours.
Hopefully I can illustrate what a versatile colour combination this is.

Firstly just by changing the focus of main colour gives such different moods to cards using this colour scheme.
Here are 4 of the same design all with different main colours.

Click on any picture to make it bigger.




I have used a Penny Black stamp set called Petal Party and the decorative border is in a Stampendous set called Elegant Borders.

I think this colour scheme works wonders for Halloween.



I've used a howling wolf from a Chocolate Baroque stamp set called Howling Moon and the spiders are from an Inkadinkado set called Creepy Crawly. I've also used Distress Inks in Festive Berries and Peacock Feathers.

It's also great for Christmas.


I've used the same distress Inks and a Chocolate Baroque stamp set called Snowflake Flourish and Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles.

To make a masculine teenage card I used a Kraft Card blank and muted shades of turquoise and red and an Inkadinkado stamp set called circles and dots.


Well I couldn't not include my favourite fella now could I?
Wolf whistles please for Stampotique's Heart Throb.


What? You want more Heart Throb?
Oh go on then, seeing as it's you, he'll meet you under the mistletoe...


I used Spellbinders Create-a-Flake Three for the Snowflakes.

I hope I've managed to inspire you to use this colour combination.

Happy creating with turquoise and red or anything else crafty you've got on your desk!
Gini
xx

8 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Wow Wow Gini - what an amazing collection of perfectly made cards. You have definitely illustrated how versatile the two colours are - the combination is fabulous. I love all the designs, but the Howling Wolf is my favourite - so atmospheric.

I hope you are having a happy weekend -
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Rosemary said...

Gee, Gini, I don't think you showed enough creativity to demonstrate that this is a versatile color combo!! LOL My gosh, woman, you did a fantastic job showing this rich color combo in all its glory! Wowzers, I love it. I do enjoy the moods of the color schemes - they do really change with how much one is used and in what order. Love that. Also, I can't help it but Heart Throb gets me every time. Who ordered a hunk? LOL

Great challenge, got me thinking outside the box. I channeled my inner 1960's Christmas special self and honored Andy Williams. LOL

Dawn said...

Blimey Gini you've been busy. Not a colour combo I would have thought of to be honest but you have shown brilliantly that it works so very very well. Thank-you so much for the inspiration my lovely.
Huge hugs x x x x

Jana said...

LOVE all your cards. I am amazed at all the different looks with all the same colors. Thanks for the challenge. I got mine project up. Finally. I had a bit of a sick day when I had planned to make it. But it's there now. You really made me stretch outside my comfort colors. Good job. And thank you.

Electra said...

Oh Gini!! You have outdone yourself with all of these magical pieces! I'm giving you a standing ovation! Still standing. STILL standing! And clapping!! Loudly!!

Amy* said...

Good Gracious! What a fabulous collection of loveliness! I really love this non traditional color palette. In truth you had me at "Peacock Feathers" (my Fave). Love Love Love! I've added this inspiring collection to my Distress Ink board (future roundup in the works!)

Unknown said...

Good heavens what a fabulous array of cards with the same colours Gini! You're so creative! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your electrifying use of color. The butterfly card you made for this week's challenge is stunning too. Blessings!