Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Opus Gluei Challenge #126 Branching Out with Madam Fairy.

The lovely Electra over at Opus Gluei has set the challenge this fortnight to use anything to do with trees or nature in general in your project.
Please welcome Madam Fairy who enjoys nature so much that she is often referred to as Nature Girl.
Click on the photos to make them bigger.



Of course her spare time is quite limited because she is such a busy Queen dealing with her royal subjects and doing her fairy duties as well as attending school.

Her mother thinks she is a proper little Madam and this off duty candid paparazzi photo clearly shows her mother to be right.



 Oh where would we be without the paparazzi and their high moral standards and their profound understanding of dignity and human rights, eh?

I tell you what; I am hopeless at using up my scraps by turning them into something artistic.
I think this card clearly shows that from now on my scraps and surplus bits need to go in the bin not in my shortly to be defunct scraps drawer.

For the canvas I wanted to use my new Memory Box die - Catalina Wreath as it has branches holding it together; well at least when I had the idea it seems like it had branches on it but maybe they are more like long green bits but very natural green bits... Anyhow I used white card to die cut it which I coloured with a cotton bud and Versamagic inks in Aloe Vera and Pixie Dust.
I stamped a Lost Coast stamp with Adirondack dye ink in meadow onto white card then cut it out with a Nellie Snellen die.
I painted a 5"x7" canvas with acrylic paints and used bubble wrap to apply some of the paint and then dry brushed white paint over the top to calm the whole thing down because it was very bright, which was lovely but didn't make a very good background as it competed dreadfully with Madam Fairy and that would never do.

Happy creating!
Gini
xx

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, this made me chuckle all the way through...her royal duties while attending school, she is a multi-tasker. Oh these modern royals.

I love this, it makes me feel spring-y and happy!!!!

Sherry said...

Your canvas is beautiful Gini, I love the soft muted colours, so pretty. Love how you've put it all together. LOL at your funny card too! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

These are so "you" Gini ! Love your sense of humour, and the creations are jolly good too! Love that Memory Box die and the gorgeous colours (and the sentiment of course - reminds me of my early school days)!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Margaret said...

I love the colours so much, especially the first one. Love your humour! Mx

Electra said...

I love those long green but very natural bits. They're so delicate. Unlike her highness.
This is very magical, Gini and very you. Sweet!

Karen said...

hahaha what are you like my lovely!!!!! Very pretty little canvas showing a little lady who would always bring out my 'bad' side hahaha!!!!! xxx