Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 27 November 2011

Tando Creative challenge for November. Blue and brown.

This month's challenge over at Tando Creative is the colour scheme blue and brown.
This is a colour scheme that I would never normally do but that is the whole idea of a challenge isn't it, to get out of your comfort zone and expand a little bit.

Click on it to make it bigger.


It is a large fridge magnet.
So for this I thought I could probably manage turquoise and beige, and then good old Basic Grey papers came to the rescue with this lovely brown background paper.
I used Tando Creative mini birds and branches chipboard painted in turquoise and beige  acrylic paint overstamped with a section of a Christmas bauble stamp in Brilliance Ink in Mediterranean Blue.
The wings have been stickled with True Blue (Oh be still my heart, if you haven't got this colour of Stickles yet, get it on your Christmas list because it is just GORGEOUS and I'll tell Santa how good you've been.)
I painted white card that I had cut out using nestibles in the same turquoise. I also Overstamped the frame with a text stamp in Brilliance Ink in moonlight white.

I hope you are all getting revved up for the Christmas Fandango coming to a chimney near you.

Happy creating!
Gini
xx

9 comments:

Sue said...

This is fab Gini, I love your overstamping, and those stickles do look lush x

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous fridge magnet love your blue and brown project, especially the bird and branch pair I adore those! Thank you for sharing with us at Tando Creative, good luck XOXO Zoe

Deena said...

GORGEOUS...love all you have done with this...

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a beautiful fridge magnet Gini - love the vibrant turquoise and the delicious blue Stickles (not seen that one before). Your ideas and designs are always inspirational.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Karen said...

oooo another gorgeous piece my lovely!!! thank you so much for joining in with Tando again this month, hugs xxx

Margaret said...

well now this combo is one of my favs! love what you've done, the blue is totally fab! Mx

Rosemary said...

My refrigerator needs something so beautiful on it, if only to keep me distracted from opening it and shaking out its contents (hee hee). This is lovely, I really like the rich saturated color and oh, bling bling bling - I need that color of Stickles! Do put in a good word for my Christmas stocking!

Di said...

Gini, this is stunning, the colour is so rich.
Thank you for joining us at Tando Creative.

Electra said...

Are there any stickle colours you don't have? Just asking.
This is so pretty Gini, and so Gini-ish sparkly!!